Professional Development Workshop
Crucial Conversations for Mastering Dialogue
When stakes are high, opinions vary, and emotions run strong, you have three choices: avoid the conversation and suffer the consequences; handle the conversation badly and suffer the consequences; or discover how to communicate best when it matters most. Attend this session to learn how to step up to your crucial conversations!
During this session you will learn:
- the step by step method for approaching a crucial conversation
- how to lower your defenses and put yourself in the right frame of mind to host the conversation
- techniques to create mutual respect and understanding
- powerful ways to encourage freedom of expression
- tools to get to results for each party
Date: Wednesday, September 13 2023
Time: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
HR Training Room, Expressway Tower #208
Mary Stall, Senior HR Specialist, Organizational Effectiveness
Enroll via my.SMU>Learning and Development>Request Training Enrollment. Enter Course Code "HRCC".
Please note that construction has begun on the new aquatics center to the east of Expressway Tower and which was previously a AUP parking lot This space is no longer available for parking.
Visitors to Expressway Tower must now park in the AUP lots W1, W2, W3 to the north of Expressway Tower as designated on this map: https://map.smu.edu/?id=1914#!ct/0?s/
Note: Those who park in the visitor parking spaces at Expressway Tower will likely be ticketed.
This workshop counts as an elective for Manager Orientation.