Manager Development Workshop
Leading Across Generations
Great Leaders Tap Into the Unique Contributions of Each Generation
FranklinCovey’s Leading Across Generations gives leaders a profound understanding of the differences among generations. But great leaders don’t just understand the differences, they also recognize the importance of putting those differences to work in finding more creative solutions to problems; fostering robust, productive dialog; and engaging team members in giving their highest and best contributions. Much more than a “conflict resolution” program, participants in the Leading Across Generations program will:
1. Gain an understanding of the specific differences between the four generations in today’s workforce.
2. Discover how stereotyping hinders communication and engagement.
3. Resolve the Sticking Points where one generation’s style or perspective is likely to conflict with those of another generation.
4. Explore different Sticking Points scenarios using the included reference cards to find solutions.
5. Learn how to engage the “whole person” in helping team members from every generation apply their unique talents and contribution.
6. Know how to conduct a “Whole-Person Engagement Conversation” to identify areas for improving engagement.
7. Follow a powerful 21-day implementation plan to pu
Participants will learn to:
- Recognize the importance of putting generational differences to work.
- Find more creative solutions to problems and foster robust, productive dialogue.
- Engage team members in giving their highest and best contributions.
Enroll Now via my.SMU>Employee Self Service>Request Learning Enrollment and use the course code of HRLAG or enter the title of the course. Follow the directions to submit your enrollment request.
Location: HR Training Room, #208 Expressway Tower
Parking: SMU visitors to Expressway Tower with an SMU Parking Permit may park in the Robson & Lindley Aquatics Center and Barr-McMillion Natatorium AUP parking lot to the east of Expressway Tower. Overflow parking may use the AUP Dyer lot located one block north of Expressway Tower off the Central Expwy service road. Please visit Parking and ID Servicesto view the Campus Parking Map.