Wellpower is our wellness program for part-time and full-time, benefit-eligible, staff and faculty at SMU. The program, now powered by Healthways, is available through July 31, 2015. The new program focuses on the 5 elements of well-being:
• Purpose – liking what you do each day and being motivated to achieve your goals
• Social – having supportive relationships and love in your life
• Financial – managing your economic life to reduce stress and increase security
• Community – liking where you live, feeling safe and having pride in your community
• Physical – having good health and enough energy to get things done daily
- To get started, go to wellpower.smu.edu and click the Sign-Up button near the bottom of the page.
- Enter the required information on the sign-in page. Please ensure you are signing in with the same first name, last name, and home zip code we have in my.SMU.edu for you, otherwise the system will not recognize you.
- If possible, have your most recent screening results handy as you'll be directed to complete the Gallup-Healthways Well-Being 5™ assessment next. Results from our onsite screenings last May or from your own physician's visit are both acceptable. Can't find them or don't have any recent results? Don't worry. All you'll need to enter is your height and weight to continue with the assessment.
- However, if you enter your results, your assessment will be more accurate and the resulting recommendations will be more useful. We suggest entering all biometric data possible before completing your Well-Being 5. Once you complete the Well-Being 5, a PDF document will be generated of your report. The report itself cannot be updated until next program year. However, your biometrics data can be updated and viewed online at any time.
- Once you complete the Well-Being 5, the system will prepare your personalized report and recommendations. This may take up to 24 hours, and you will receive an email once it is ready to be viewed. Click the link in the email to review your results and get started on developing a plan to improve your well-being. For step-by-step instructions with screen shots, download the Well-Being Connect New User Guide.
- You can then choose your focus from the recommendations provided and/or create your own tracker(s) to begin taking steps to improve your well-being.
- If you run into any problems, you can call (855) 817-0644 or click the Help button at the top of the page to view FAQs and other helpful resources. You can also email Healthways for help anytime by clicking the "Email Us" link found on the site.
We are developing a list of video tutorials to help participants learn the ins and outs of the new Wellpower website. To get started follow a link below:
Welcome to Wellpower 2015
Sign-Up and Complete the Well-Being 5 Assessment
Wellpower Incentives and Trackers*
Create Your Well-Being Plan and Navigate the Website
Introduction to the Dave Ramsey Tutorials
New Reward Period - February 2, 2015 and there are new and exciting additions and changes!
*Please note: with the exciting additions and changes the video "Wellpower Incentives and Trackers" has some incorrect information. See the earning points section below on how activity tracking occurs.
Earning Points & Rewards
Earning Points: Activity tracking will occur on a calendar week basis (Monday through Sunday). Once you reach your maximum points level for a week, you can begin to accrue more points on the following Monday. You will be able to earn a maximum of 100 points per week!
Rewards: Remember any unredeemed points roll over to the spring reward period and you may earn points until July 31, 2015. You may accrue a maximum 4,000 reward points in Wellpower. Once you reach either 2,000 or 4,000 points, you may redeem points for an award in the Redemption Center.
New Onsite Health Coach
We are excited to announce that Rhea Li will be joining us as our onsite health coach from Healthways. She begins training the first week of February and will be on campus Wednesday and Thursdays throughout the program year. Her education includes a master’s degree in public health and a bachelor’s degree in nutrition. More information about Rhea coming soon!
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you run into any problems, you can call (855) 817-0644 or click the Help button at the top of the page to view FAQs and other helpful resources. You can also email Healthways for help anytime by clicking the "Email Us" link found on the site.
Confidentiality and Privacy
Wellpower and SMU support the protection of your private medical information. Your individual health information is never shared with anyone at SMU. Wellpower has contracted with Healthways to help provide wellness programming for our staff and faculty. Our Wellpower health coach is a Healthways employee, and may have access to your biometric screening information and any other information you choose to share. Our health coach will keep that information confidential in accordance with HIPPA and other applicable privacy guidelines. Only aggregate, group data will be provided to SMU. Group data does not include any individual information and allows Wellpower to monitor the effectiveness of programs and services. If you have any questions or concerns about your privacy with regard to medical information, please contact us at email@example.com.
IRS Regulations on Prizes and Awards
Prizes and rewards earned or won through Wellpower may be considered as taxable personal income according to the IRS. Wellpower will report prizes and rewards to payroll and applicable payroll tax deductions will occur. Items given as educational or program supports will not be considered as a prize or reward. Example: pedometers given out to support an exercise challenge are not considered prizes, but are part of the wellness program activity itself.