Business and Finance
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Where are you located?
2. What are your office hours?
3. Can you give me directions to your campus?
4. What do I need to do to add a new dependent to my benefits?
5. Who administers our Dental Plan?
6. If I lose my Blue Cross Blue Shield card, how do I get a replacement card?
7. When can I make a change to my Benefits?
8. When can I reenroll in the SMU Retirement Program?
9. How much does SMU contribute to my retirement plan, my check says I am contributing
8% or 10%?
10. Can I borrow from my Retirement account? Are any penalties involved?
11. I’m a new employee, how long do I have to enroll in the SMU benefit plans?
12. How do I change my address with Human Resources, Payroll and the Benefits
13. When do I need to complete a job evaluation form?
14. What paperwork do I need to complete for a promotion or job reclassification?
15. What paperwork do I need to complete to hire for a new position?
16. When are merit increases effective?
17. What are pay grades?
18. How do I apply for a job at SMU?
19. How do I check the status of a position for which I applied?
20. Who do I contact for a complaint/grievance?
21. I have just been hired at SMU, now what?
22. Who can I contact regarding Employee Relations?
1. We are located at 6116 Central Expressway, 2nd floor, Dallas, TX 75206-5162. Our building name is Expressway Towers (Central @ Yale Blvd.)
Health and Wellness
Learning & Development
Working @ SMU
© Southern Methodist University
Students / Alumni / Faculty & Staff / Parents / Visitors & Community / News Media
Legal Disclosures / A-Z Site Index / Working at SMU / En Español / 中國語言網站 / Mobile Site