A parking permit is required to park on campus year round. Below is information on how to get the right permit for your needs.
- Students registered for Fall 2021 may order the permit for the upcoming 2021-22 academic year online (just log on to your My Parking Account using your SMU ID and Password) Payment is made after the permit is ordered on my.SMU.edu, not on the parking website. Student permits for Spring 2022 will be available after class registration for Spring semester open in November.
- Employees may obtain permits in our office or online by logging on to their Parking Portal account. Contact us for more information at email@example.com.
- Visitors can purchase permits in our office, online as a guest or use any self-pay & park location referenced on the visitor parking map (see lower right).
- Please note Students and Employees - To help enhance application and data security, effective October 14, 2019, Duo Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) will be required to access this service.
2021-22 Academic Year
Student and Employee "Decal Permits" have been replaced by "Virtual Permits" using License Plate Recognition software to validate the permit in the system. Please review the virtual permit parking information below
Parking Fall enforcement schedule is in effect
Fall enforcement schedule will continue through December 22nd
• Enforcement hours: 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday - Friday
• Permits are still required to park your car on campus
• Students with valid SMU parking permits may park in any All University Permit (AUP), Resident or Student areas
• Lettered employee lots remain parking by assignment only and the appropriate permit is still required during summer
• Employees may also park in any AUP, Resident or Student areas with their permit
• Normal parking enforcement resumed on Monday, August 9th
* Fall enforcement schedule begins August 9th and continues through December 22nd
- Regular Permit and metered parking areas are enforced for Fall and Spring is enforced Monday to Thursday 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Friday 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Permits are required to park your car on campus at all times all year round.
- Students with valid SMU parking permits may park in the area corresponding to their permit description: Resident "yellow" or non-campus resident AUP "red" on the campus parking map.
- Lettered employee lots (Blue) remain parking by assignment only and the appropriate permit is required.
- Employees may park in AUP or as indicated on the campus parking map for the type of permit.
- For a full listing of enforcement hours and parking regulations, please visit the Student Handbook's vehicle regulations section.
Update your vehicle information now!
Remember your license plate is what we use to validate your parking permit, so be sure to keep it up to date Log on to your parking account to update your vehicle by selecting "Vehicles" on the upper left of screen and select "View Permit" to link it to the permit.
Need a Permit? order permits online select "Get Permit"