We are no longer accepting applications for Fall 2013 & Spring 2014 as all the funds have already been allocated. For more information, please contact Mona Alluri at email@example.com.
EPIC funds have been allocated to support student-initiated late night programs that promote safe and responsible social interaction and behavior on and around the SMU campus. Primary consideration is given to proposals that are designed to best support the mission of the Student Affairs Drug and Alcohol Task Force Recommendations.
To be considered for funding events must be:
- Social, recreational or entertainment-based
- Scheduled for a Wednesday, Thursday, Friday or Saturday
- Scheduled to conclude after 10:00 pm.
- Open to the entire SMU student population
- Held in a public venue, on or off campus.
- Alcohol-free or non alcohol centered
- Scheduled during the academic semester (excludes reading days and finals).
- Proposals that best support the mission Alcohol and Drug Task Force Recommendations.
- Events that are free to students.
- Events targeting a niche not typically filled in order to promote new and innovative programming options.
- Events bringing two or more groups together in a collaborative effort.
How to Apply
- Pick up an application in the Office of Hughes-Trigg Student Center or download and print them here:
- Be sure to complete all sections, obtain the authorized signatures and provide a detailed breakdown of the event budget. Failure to do so could delay the review of your application.
- Applications for events concluding prior to 10:00 p.m. must provide compelling reasons for EPIC fund support in order to be considered for funding. The committee reserves the right to decline or reduce funding requests for events scheduled to conclude prior to 10:00 p.m.
- Attendance and a presentation at the EPIC committee meeting may be required by the committee chair.
- Applications must be received by Monday at 5:00 p.m. (two weeks in advance of the event) to the Office of Hughes-Trigg Director (PO Box #750211), firstname.lastname@example.org to be reviewed by the EPIC Committee.
- The EPIC Committee will meet every week to review applications and hear program presentations when applicable.
- Awards are based on the discretion of the EPIC committee
- Awards may extend up to $5000 for events scheduled to begin after 10:00 p.m. or intended to draw a large segment of the SMU student population.
- Monies will not be granted for the purchasing of equipment, costumes or prizes.
- A copy of an overall event budget is required as part of the application process.
- A representative from the event or organization must be available to present the proposal if required to the EPIC committee. Meeting dates and times may vary each week. The student or organization will be notified of the committees decision within three days of the reviewing the application unless a presentation is required.
- Acceptance of EPIC funds requires that the student/student organization complete an EPIC evaluation form within one week after the sponsored event.
Questions should be directed to:
Director of the Hughes-Trigg Student Center and EPIC Committee Chair