Thanks to the inspiring generosity of farsighted donors, SMU Unbridled: The Second Century Campaign created a firm foundation for the University’s second century of achievement. Extraordinary support from alumni, friends, parents and students enabled the campaign to exceed its goal of raising $1 billion.
Every major goal of the campaign was surpassed:
- More than 600 endowed scholarships were created, smashing the goal of 500.
- More than 50 new endowed faculty positions were added, pushing the University total past 110.
- 18 major capital projects were completed to enhance the SMU experience.
- Nearly 60 percent of alumni made a gift during the campaign, far beyond the goal of 50 percent.
- In a single year, 26 percent of undergraduate alumni donated, exceeding the goal of 25 percent.
The legacy of this investment will forever enhance the University’s ability to attract and shape the expert faculty and the future leaders who will change their world.