Perkins School of Theology maintains its facilities primarily to meet the academic and business needs of the School. Once those needs are met, the School may, at the discretion of its administration, make those facilities available for other use.
Perkins Chapel is primarily a Christian worship space. It is available on a limited basis for weddings and other Christian and interfaith services of worship, for suitable musical performances, and public lectures.
The Parlor in Kirby Hall
The Parlor is furnished, as the name suggests, as a comfortable but elegant living room. It is suitable for small receptions, informal meetings, and small seated meals.
The Great Hall in Prothro Hall
The Great Hall is a flexible, multipurpose space that can accommodate up to 120 for seated meals, up to 144 seated theatre-style for lectures, and up to 180 for standing receptions.
Classrooms in Prothro Hall
Twelve classrooms vary in capacity from 12 to 64. During the academic term, classrooms are not available until after class assignments are final, normally the third day of classes.
Conference Rooms in Selecman Hall
conference rooms serve groups of eight to ten.
Requesters must submit the Request for Use of Facilities form. Each request is reviewed by the Perkins School of Theology Facilities Committee. When requests are approved, the requester will receive a confirmation. Non-School of Theology requesters will also receive a Use Agreement which will need to be signed and returned.
Fees may be waived or reduced at the discretion of the Perkins School of Theology administration [for events that are congruent with and advance the mission of the School].
- Perkins Chapel: $450.00 per hour
- The Parlor in Kirby Hall: $75.00 per hour with a 2-hour minimum
- The Great Hall in Prothro Hall: $125.00 per hour with a 2-hour minimum, capped at $500.00 for SMU departments
- Classrooms and Conference Rooms: $25.00 per hour with a 2-hour minimum
- ACCESS: Building hours during the academic term are Monday through Thursday, 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m and Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m . For an event that extends beyond those hours, event sponsors must contact Duane Harbin (214.768.2663 / firstname.lastname@example.org) a minimum of 5 workdays in advance to arrange for building access and HVAC and lighting extensions. Participants must leave the building by the scheduled end time. On weekends, access will only be available to Perkins School of Theology groups with a faculty or staff sponsor. [No non-SMU events will be approved on weekends.]
- SETUP: For setup and technical assistance, event sponsors must contact Duane Harbin (214.768.2663 / email@example.com) a minimum of 5 workdays in advance. There are restrictions on moving furnishings in some spaces and technical support personnel are limited, so early consultation is highly recommended. No technical support is available outside building hours.
- PARKING: Event sponsors are responsible for all arrangements and expenses related to parking. Contact SMU Parking and ID Card Services at 214.768.7275 for assistance or visit their website at http://www.smu.edu/parknpony/.
- CATERING: Food and drink are permitted only in the Parlor in Kirby Hall and the Great Hall in Prothro Hall. Three caterers have been approved to provide food service; SMU Catering, Two Sisters Catering and Elizabeth Ferguson Catering (214.768.8233 / firstname.lastname@example.org).