THIS PAGE WILL BE UPDATED SOON.
PLEASE CHECK BACK IN FEBRUARY
FOR UPDATED INORMATION ABOUT MAY TERM 2015.
Enrolled students should review the following MayTerm information before the first day of class:
- Class Calendar – MayTerm 2014 begins on Thursday, May 15. The time and location of your classroom can be found on Access. All MayTerm courses meet for 11 class days and conclude on Friday, May 30. Please note that there are no weekend classes or on the Memorial Day holiday (Monday, May 26).
- Campus Housing – If you currently reside on campus and require housing during MayTerm, you should have already sent an email to email@example.com to make arrangements. Their deadline to request housing was Friday, May 9.
- Parking – If you parked on campus during the Spring 2014 semester (with an SMU decal), your current permit will cover parking through the summer. Otherwise, you will need to obtain a parking permit through SMU Parking Services: http://www.smu.edu/BusinessFinance/CampusServices/ParkingAndIDCardServices/Information/parkingpermits.
- Syllabus – If you haven’t already, be sure to review your course syllabus at http://www.smu.edu/mayterm/Courses. Click on your course title to view the syllabus. MayTerm promises to be an intensive and fast-paced learning experience, so you will want to get a head start! For any questions related to your specific course, please contact your professor directly and be on the lookout for emails that he/she may send.
- Textbooks – If your course requires textbook(s), please buy these soon as many courses have advanced reading assignments before the first class day. Book orders were placed through the SMU Bookstore for all MayTerm courses using them, so you can purchase books through them or any other source you choose.
- Tuition – Upon enrollment, your account was charged the MayTerm tuition of $3,462 ($1,154 for PRW which is one credit hour), unless you qualified for another amount or received prorated merit scholarship or grant aid through Financial Aid. As a reminder, tuition was due Friday, May 2, or within 24 hours of enrollment. An additional fee is assessed for late payments, and all outstanding student accounts should be settled prior to the first day of class.
- Change in Plans – In the event that your plans change and you are unable to participate in MayTerm, please let us know right away. Send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org and include your name, student ID and course number/name. We will need to complete a MayTerm cancellation form on your behalf as you cannot drop your MayTerm course through Access.
- Refunds/Cancellations – Please be aware that there are strict deadlines related to refunds and cancellations/withdrawals from MayTerm; for more information, visit: http://www.smu.edu/mayterm/Financial. Please scroll to the bottom of the page for MayTerm Refund Policies and MayTerm Drop/Withdrawal Deadlines.
- Disability Accommodations – In the event that you require disability accommodations for MayTerm, please follow the usual procedures like any other term. You can complete SMU’s Accommodation Letter Request Form here: http://www.smu.edu/Provost/ALEC/DASS/DisabilityAccommodations/Forms/requestforletters.
- Pass/Fail Option – If you are interested in taking your MayTerm course as Pass/Fail, please consult with your advisor and review the Registrar’s instructions here: http://www.smu.edu/EnrollmentServices/Registrar/CurrentStudents/Grades. MayTerm is considered an “intersession” term and requires students to declare Pass/Fail no later than the second class day (Friday, May 16).