MayTerm 2015 began Thursday, May 14th
with nearly 450 students in 32 courses
on the Dallas Campus!
Enrolled students should review the following MayTerm information before the first day of class:
- Campus Housing – If you currently reside on campus and require housing during MayTerm, you should have already sent an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. Their deadline to request housing was Friday, May 1.
- Tuition – When enrolled, your account was automatically charged for MayTerm tuition ($3,633 for a 3 credit hour course; $1,211 for PRW 1101; $4,844 for ITAL 1402). If applicable, prorated merit scholarship and/or grant aid should also be posted to your account now by the Financial Aid office. Tuition is due Tuesday, May 5 (pay as you would for any other semester). After that date, an additional fee will be assessed for late payments. All outstanding student accounts should be settled prior to the first day of class.
- Class Calendar – MayTerm 2015 begins on Thursday, May 14. The time and location of your classroom is available on my.SMU. All MayTerm courses meet for 11 class days and conclude on Friday, May 29. Please note that there are no weekend classes or on the Memorial Day holiday (Monday, May 25).
- Parking – If you parked on campus during the Spring 2015 semester (with an SMU decal), your parking pass will cover parking through the summer. Otherwise, you will need to obtain a parking permit through SMU Parking Services: http://www.smu.edu/BusinessFinance/CampusServices/ParkingAndIDCardServices/Information/parkingpermits.
- Syllabus/Textbooks – Review your course syllabus at http://www.smu.edu/mayterm/Courses by clicking on your course title. If your course requires textbook(s), please buy these soon (at the SMU Bookstore or any source you choose). Many courses have advanced reading assignments. For questions related to your specific course, please contact your professor directly and be on the lookout for emails that s/he may send.
- Change in Plans – If your plans change and you are unable to participate in MayTerm, please let us know right away. Send an email to email@example.com and include your name, student ID and course (i.e., PHIL 1300), and we will process the drop on your behalf. You cannot drop your MayTerm course using my.SMU.
- Refunds/Cancellations – Please be aware that there are strict deadlines related to refunds and cancellation/withdrawal from MayTerm. For more information, visit: http://www.smu.edu/mayterm/Financial. MayTerm Refund Policies and MayTerm Drop/Withdrawal Deadlines may be found at the bottom of the page.
- Disability Accommodations – If you require disability accommodations for MayTerm, please follow the same procedures as in other terms. You can complete SMU’s Accommodation Letter Request Form here: http://www.smu.edu/Provost/ALEC/DASS/DisabilityAccommodations/Forms/requestforletters.
- Pass/Fail Option – If you are interested in taking your MayTerm course Pass/Fail, please consult with your advisor. MayTerm is considered an “intersession” term and requires students to declare Pass/Fail no later than the second class day (Friday, May 15). Click here to review the Registrar’s instructions: http://www.smu.edu/EnrollmentServices/Registrar/CurrentStudents/Grades.