Enrollment for MayTerm 2016 on the Dallas Campus
opens Monday, April 4 at 12:01am.
Enrolled students should review the following MayTerm information before the first day of class:
- Campus Housing – If you currently reside on campus and require housing during MayTerm, you should send an email to email@example.com to make arrangements.
- Tuition – When enrolled, your account was automatically charged for MayTerm tuition ($3,810 for a 3 credit hour course; $1,270 for PRW 1101; $5,080 for HDEV 1401). If applicable, prorated merit scholarship and/or grant aid will also be posted to your account by the Financial Aid office. Tuition is due Tuesday, May 3 (pay as you would for any other semester). After that date, an additional fee will be assessed for late payments. All outstanding student accounts should be settled prior to the first day of class.
- Class Calendar – MayTerm 2016 begins on Thursday, May 12. The time and location of your classroom is available on my.SMU. All MayTerm courses meet for 11 class days and conclude on Thursday, May 26. Please note that there are no weekend classes.
- Parking – If you parked on campus during the Spring 2016 semester (with an SMU decal), your parking pass will cover parking through the summer. Otherwise, you will need to obtain a parking permit through SMU Parking Services: http://www.smu.edu/BusinessFinance/CampusServices/ParkingAndIDCardServices/Information/parkingpermits.
- Syllabus/Textbooks – Review your course syllabus at http://www.smu.edu/mayterm/Courses by clicking on your course title. If your course requires textbook(s), please buy these soon (at the SMU Bookstore or any source you choose). Many courses have advanced reading assignments. For questions related to your specific course, please contact your professor directly and be on the lookout for emails that s/he may send.
- Change in Plans – If your plans change and you are unable to participate in MayTerm, you cannot drop your MayTerm course using my.SMU. Follow this link and complete the online form to cancel enrollment. You must provide your name, student ID and course subject and catalog number (i.e., PHIL 1300). Once completed, you will receive an email receipt confirming your cancellation. Please retain this receipt for your records.
- Refunds/Cancellations – Please be aware that there are strict deadlines related to refunds and cancellation/withdrawal from MayTerm. For more information, visit: http://www.smu.edu/mayterm/Financial. MayTerm Refund Policies and MayTerm Drop/Withdrawal Deadlines may be found at the bottom of the page.
- Disability Accommodations – If you require disability accommodations for MayTerm, please follow the same procedures as in other terms. You can complete SMU’s Accommodation Letter Request Form here: http://www.smu.edu/Provost/ALEC/DASS/DisabilityAccommodations/Forms/requestforletters.
- Pass/Fail Option – If you are interested in taking your MayTerm course Pass/Fail, please consult with your advisor. MayTerm is considered an “intersession” term and requires students to declare Pass/Fail no later than the second class day (Friday, May 13). Click here to review the Registrar’s instructions: http://www.smu.edu/EnrollmentServices/Registrar/CurrentStudents/Grades.