ENROLL THROUGH my.SMU!
ENROLLMENT WILL OPEN FOR ALL STUDENTS ON
MONDAY, APRIL 6, AT 12:01 A.M.
MayTerm Enrollment Process for SMU Students
Please note: The MayTerm 2015 enrollment process has changed! No application is necessary. Instead, all students will enroll themselves through my.SMU beginning Monday, April 6, at 12:01 a.m. By enrolling in MayTerm courses, students agree to abide by all of the MayTerm policies as stated on this website.
- You should first meet with your academic advisor to identify your preferred MayTerm course and some alternate choices. Some courses fill quickly and others may be cancelled due to insufficient enrollment or for other reasons, so you need to identify additional course options.
- Courses will be visible in my.SMU beginning on Wednesday, March 4, at which point you may load your courses (preferred and alternate) in you “shopping cart.” Please be aware that this does not guarantee a seat in the course, nor constitute official enrollment.
- On Monday, April 6, at 12:01 a.m. you will be able to enroll in one MayTerm course through my.SMU (regardless of your spring enrollment appointment). Enroll as soon as possible to secure a seat in your preferred course. If your first choice is full, you may enroll in an alternate course, or join the “waitlist” for your first choice.
- If you have any holds on your account, you will need to clear them prior to enrollment. Don’t forget to complete the SMU Rights and Responsibilities agreement,
- The priority enrollment deadline is Friday, April 24. After this date, some courses may be cancelled due to low enrollment, so it is in your best interest to enroll prior to this deadline. Enrollment after this date will still be possible if seats are available.
- Should you wish to swap your MayTerm course or enroll after the priority deadline, you may do so through my.SMU until the day before classes start (Wednesday, May 13) assuming a seat is still available. If you enroll after May 5, payment is due within 24 hours to avoid a late fee.
- If at any time you need to drop your MayTerm course, you cannot do so through my.SMU. Simply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name, SMU ID, and the course in which you are enrolled—we will then submit a cancellation or withdrawal form on your behalf. Please be aware of all MayTerm deadlines including refund policies.
Information For Non-SMU Students
be possible for non-SMU students to be admitted as a visiting or non-degree undergraduate student and enroll in one (1) MayTerm course.
Please complete and submit the SMU Non-Degree and Visiting Summer Studies application.
For more information on attending SMU as a Visiting Student, please contact the following individual for personal assistance:
SMU Office of Non-Degree Credit Studies and Visiting Students
IMPORTANT: Click HERE for important information concerning the Bacterial Meningitis vaccine required by the REVISED Texas Law for new students under the age of 22.