MayTerm Enrollment Process For SMU Students
Please note that MayTerm 2014 courses are not initially available for registration through Access.SMU. There is a special MayTerm application and enrollment process; please follow these steps:
- You should first meet with your advisor to select your preferred MayTerm course and up to two (2) alternates. Then, complete the MayTerm application form where you will be asked to list up to three (3) courses in priority order. Some courses may be cancelled due to insufficient enrollment or for other reasons, thus the need for you to identify up to three choices; if you don't have other course options, leave blank.
- The MayTerm application form should be submitted electronically or using the PDF version of the form. For best consideration, submit your application no later than 4:00 p.m. on Thursday, April 17, 2014 (before Easter). After this date, late applications will still be considered although some courses will not be available or may have been cancelled due to insufficient enrollment.
- If you are unable to submit this application form electronically, the PDF version may be taken to the Taos/J Term Office on the third floor of Blanton (Room 338), faxed to 214-768-1166, or sent to: email@example.com
- MayTerm application forms will be reviewed and processed in the order in which they are received. During the week after Easter, you will be notified by email of your final course selection and given permission to go into Access.SMU to officially enroll yourself for one (1) MayTerm course. Any personal or financial ‘holds’ on your account will need to be cleared in order to register online and complete the enrollment process.
- Once you have received the MayTerm email granting you course permission, you will need to immediately register through Access.SMU to secure your seat in the course. If your plans change and you no longer wish to participate in MayTerm, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will cancel your course permission. Permissions that are not picked up promptly will be cancelled.
Information For Non-SMU Students
be possible for non-SMU students to be admitted as a visiting or non-degree undergraduate student and enroll in one (1) MayTerm course.
Please complete and submit the SMU Non-Degree and Visiting Summer Studies application
as well as the MayTerm (course selection) application form.
For more information on attending SMU as a Visiting Student, please contact the following individual for personal assistance:
SMU Office of Non-Degree Credit Studies and Visiting Students