PLEASE DO NOT SEND A LETTER REQUEST UNTIL YOU CHECK YOUR ACCOUNT IN ACCESS. LETTERS CAN NOT BE ISSUED UNLESS ACCOUNTS ARE CLEARED OF ALL HOLDS.
ALL LETTER REQUESTS MAY TAKE UP TO FIVE BUSINESS DAYS TO PROCESS.
PLEASE HAVE YOUR I-20 OR DS2019 AVAILABLE WHILE PREPARING YOUR LETTER REQUEST.
THEN FOLLOW THE NEXT STEPS:
- Go to FILE and CHOOSE DOWNLOAD (Do not edit letter unless you have opened a word document).
- OPEN the document in Microsoft Word.
- SAVE LETTER USING YOUR LAST NAME, FIRST NAME AND SMU ID.
- EDIT the letter with your information
SEVIS NUMBER: Number located in the upper right hand corner of your I-20/DS-2019
DATE OF EXPECTED COMPLETION OF PROGRAM - section 5 of your I-20/Section 3 on your DS-2019.
- SAVE the CHANGES.
- EMAIL the saved document to email@example.com
- We will email you when your letter is signed and ready for pick up.
CLICK THE LINK BELOW OF THE LETTER THAT YOU NEED AND OPEN IT OR COPY/PASTE IN A NEW TAB
SOCIAL SECURITY APPLICATION PROCESS:
Student must complete the Social Security Letter/Application request and bring it to our office with the Work Eligibility Form.
J-2 Status Verification Letter
F-2 Status Verification Letter
Research Scholar/Professor Status Verification Letter