Welcome to SMU's Office of Non-Degree Credit Studies.
We look forward to serving you.
The Office of Non-Degree Credit Studies assists students who wish to
enroll in SMU courses for credit, but who do not intend to pursue an SMU
degree program. Our office assists:
- students in good standing and visiting from another four-year college
- students who have already earned a degree and wish to take
undergraduate pre-requisite courses for graduate programs.
- students who wish to participate in SMU programs such as SMU-in-Taos, SMU Abroad, and Interterms (JanTerm and MayTerm) on the main campus.
- students who want to take pre-requisite courses to apply for
- students who have transferred to the Dallas area and wish to finish their degrees
at their home universities. With permission from their home universities,
students can take SMU courses and transfer them back to finish their degrees.
- members of the Dallas community who wish to enrich their knowledge in a particular area by taking an SMU course for credit.
Please contact us with any questions you may have or if you need additional information.
Non-Degree Credit Studies Office
Laura Lee Blanton Building
6185 Airline Rd. at SMU Blvd., Suite 101
Dallas TX 75205
Continuing Non-Degree Students:
The Summer 2017 class schedule will be out March 6, 2017.
Important Dates for
Spring Term 2017
First Day of Classes
Last day to enroll, add courses or drop courses without grade record or tuition billing
Last day to drop a class
Last day to withdraw from the University
Last day of instruction