SMU Fondren Library Center and Hamon Arts Library have computers
available for public use (no SMU ID required) as well as for the SMU
Community (SMU ID required). All computers have Microsoft Word, Excel,
and PowerPoint. SMU-Only computers have access to specialized software.
Library staff are available to offer research help. Assistance with software is offered by the IT Help Desk. View our public computer use policy.
Users should save their documents online or to a portable USB
drive. Computers reboot every morning at 4:00 am and erase all saved
Learn more about printing and wireless access.
Fondren Library Center Multimedia Center
iMacs are also available in Fondren Library. Software available includes:
- Adobe Creative Suite (PhotoShop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, InDesign, Flash)
- Final Cut Express
- iLife (iMovie, iWeb, iDVD, iPhoto, iTunes, iChat)
- iWork (Pages, Numbers, Keynote)
Hamon Arts Library Basement
- Mac and PC operating systems
- Specialized software for editing music, images, and video