Discover the possibilities at SMU
SpringFest is an introduction to SMU and the college admission process designed exclusively for high school freshmen, sophomores, juniors, and their families. This one-day event starts at 8:30 a.m. with a light breakfast and concludes around 3:30 p.m. after a campus tour.
SpringFest includes the following activities:
- Campus Tour: An introduction to SMU and our beautiful campus through a campus tour.
- Breakout Sessions: Participate in sessions designed to help you navigate your college search, including such topics as what to expect during the admission process, how to present yourself to your admission counselor and how many times you should take the SAT.
- Workshop: Learn how to stand out in selective college admission with tips and strategies for completing the Common Application and SMU Supplement with an SMU Admission Counselor.
- Academic Sessions: SMU offers 100 majors and 75 minors in five undergraduate schools. Meet with two different schools and learn more about the academic opportunities in each.
- Lunch: Ask current SMU students what college life is like during our student panel.
SpringFest 2014 Dates
Monday, Feb. 17
Saturday, March 29*
Friday, May 2
*Registration for the March 29th program is closed, as we have reached capacity for this program. We invite you to attend one of the other programs or attend one of our daily visits. Please note that we offer Saturday visits throughout the spring, and the dates are listed on our visit calendar.
Space is limited, so please register early.
Students pay a $25 fee upon arrival, which covers breakfast, lunch and an SMU T-shirt. Family members are included at no charge.