Assistant Professor of History, SMU
Dallas Hall Room 64Download CV | Download Bio | Website
- Ph.D. University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, 2010
- M.A. The University of Texas at Austin, 2005
- B.A. The University of Texas at Austin, 2003
Publications, Speeches and Presentations
- The Millennial Sovereign: Sacred Kingship and Sainthood in Islam (1400-1700). New York: Columbia University Press, 2013.
- “Painted Rituals: The Sacred Art of Jahangir.” In Muslim Voices: Community and the Self in South Asia, edited by Sandria B. Freitag, David Gilmartin, and Usha Sanyal. New Delhi: Yoda Press, forthcoming.
- “Challenging the Mughal Emperor: The Islamic Millennium according to ‘Abd al-Qadir Badayuni.” In Islam in South Asia in Practice, edited by Barbara Metcalf. Princeton: Princeton University Press, 2009.
- Jalal, Al-e Ahmad. A Stone on a Grave. Translated from Persian into English by Azfar Moin. Edited by M. R. Ghanoonparvar. Los Angeles: Mazda Publications, 2008.
- “Partisan Dreams and Prophetic Visions: Shi‘i Critique in al-Mas‘udi's History of the Abbasids.” Journal of the American Oriental Society 127, no. 4 (2007).