SMU-in-Taos Student Application Process
New Online Application Process
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the late application deadline or courses fill, whichever comes first. Students are encouraged to apply as early as possible to best ensure enrollment in preferred term(s) and course(s).
Summer Terms 2017
Submit an online application for May, June or August by Friday, March 17, 2017.
- Applications Open: Monday, November 7, 2016
- Priority Application Deadline: Friday, March 17, 2017
- First Acceptance Letters Sent: Friday, March 24, 2017
- Student Confirmation Due: Monday, April 3, 2017
- Room and Board Payment Due: Wednesday, April 5, 2017
- Course Go/No-Go Decisions: Monday, April 10, 2017
- Late Application Deadline: Friday, April 28, 2017
January Term 2017
Submit an online application for January by Friday, November 18, 2016.
- Applications Open: Monday, October 17, 2016
- Priority Application Deadline: Friday, November 18, 2016
- Course Go/No-Go Decisions: Friday, November 28, 2016
- Late Application Deadline: Friday, December 2, 2016
From Application to Enrollment
Please take a moment to review the application process and important deadlines listed below.Review course listing
Please note: Students must clear all holds prior to enrollment, this includes completing the SMU Rights and Responsibilities requirements and paying any overdue fees.
- Submit online application
- OPTIONAL: Submit a Friends of Taos Scholarship Application and/or Resident Advisor Application
- Receive notice of acceptance, wait list, etc.
- Confirm courses and commit to attend
- Pay non-refundable room and board charges
- Complete Pre-Enrollment Checklist
- Clear all enrollment holds
- Submit Emergency Medical Consent & Liability Waiver
- SMU-in-Taos will enroll you on my.SMU
- Confirm enrollment and tuition charges on my.SMU
- Submit final payment for tuition/course fees
- Attend Mandatory Orientation in Dallas
New Application Process
Students who wish to attend classes on the SMU-in-Taos campus must submit an online application and be accepted. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the late application deadline or courses fill, whichever comes first. Students are encouraged to apply as early as possible to best ensure enrollment in preferred term(s) and course(s). There is no application fee.
After applying, all students will be checked by SMU Student Affairs and emailed regarding their eligibility to attend SMU-in-Taos. Once accepted, students will need to complete the Pre-Enrollment Checklist (see below). This checklist includes paying full room and board fees, which are non-refundable. We encourage students to coordinate with parents, academic advisors, SMU Financial Aid, etc. prior to making this financial commitment.
Upon successful completion of the Pre-Enrollment Checklist, the Taos Office will consider the student confirmed for attendance and enroll the student through my.SMU. At this time, tuition and course fees will be posted to the student account. Students should verify their enrollment via my.SMU and take note of the payment deadline for their term. Students should NOT make travel arrangements prior to confirming their enrollment in SMU-in-Taos.
Enrolled students are required to attend a Mandatory Orientation on the Dallas campus prior to their time in Taos.
Students cannot withdraw from SMU-in-Taos courses via my.SMU. To drop or swap a course, students must send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your full name, SMU ID number and the term and course to be dropped/swapped. Room and board fees cannot be refunded at any time.
Please be aware of all SMU-in-Taos policies, including those relating to Student Affairs and cancellations/refunds, prior to applying for courses.