Get ahead in your degree plan by earning up to 3 credit hours before June 1. In 11 class days, beginning May 16 and ending May 31, 2013, students can complete a class to advance toward the fall term . . . and at last year's summer school prices. Cost per credit can be less than two-thirds the cost of fall or spring hours.
- The May Term course listing are posted on this website. Courses are not listed in Access.SMU.
- See UC components and GEC requirments for May Term in Dallas - click here.
- Students may take only one course. Classes meet Monday – Friday for 4 hours per day.
- Meet with your Academic Advisor to select your preferred course and two alternates. Some courses may be canceled for administrative reasons including but not limited to insufficient enrollment. This necessitates selection of three choices. If you do not have other course options, leave the choices blank on the enrollment form.
- Complete the enrollment form PDF. Forms must be received no later than noon on Wednesday, May 1, 2013. PDFs may be emailed to email@example.com or delivered to Dr. Kathy Rowe, Summer Studies Office, 218 Blanton.
- Enrollment forms will be reviewed beginning at noon on May 1, 2013. You will be notified of your final course selection by May 6, 2013 and your enrollment will be processed if there are no enrollment holds in place at that time. Enrollment holds MUST be resolved prior to the first day of class, May 16, 2013. Tuition will be due immediately upon notification of charges to avoid a late payment fee of $150.
|Thursday, May 16
||First class day
|Friday, May 16
||Last day to drop/enroll/declare pass-fail is before your scheduled class time
|Monday, May 27
||University Holiday/No classes
|Tuesday, May 28
|| Last day to withdraw
|Thursday, May 31
||Last day of class/examination
Non-SMU students may take May Term courses as Visiting Students. Complete and submit the Non-Degree and Visiting Summer Studies application prior to completion of the May Term enrollment form.
For more information on attending SMU as a Visiting Student, click here or contact:
Office of Non-Degree Credit and Visiting Summer Studies
- $1,100 per term credit hour
- No general student fee
- 3 hour course = $3,300
- Payment is due upon notification of charges
Financial assistance is available for May Term. If you will attend only May Term, you are eligible for SMU Merit Aid taking 3 term credit hours. If you also attend summer or the August Term in Taos, the 3 hours can be counted towards the 6 hour requirment for aid. Please contact your Financial Aid Advisor for more information.
Students must submit an application to the Financial Aid office by April 15. Funds are limited and will be distributed on a first come, first served basis. See more information Click Here.
(For current students living in residence halls ONLY)
Contact Residence Life & University Housing to request housing for May Term. Students currently living in university residence halls for spring 2013 will remain in their current residence hall rooms through Commencement on May 18 and may be asked to relocate to another hall on May 19th. Students in university residence halls will be provided a meal plan as part of the housing agreement.
Cost of room and board to be determined.