When are the Mandatory Organizations Meetings?
View Schedule for more information.
What is the purpose of the MOM?
The MOM fulfills the risk management training mandated by Texas state law, and covers important SMU policies, procedures, and information.
What is the Advisor MOM?
The Advisor MOM is tailored for advisors of any campus organization. It fulfills the same risk management training mandate, plus provides information and resources specific to advisors.
Who should attend the MOM?
At least four officers (preferably including your president) and one advisor from every campus organization must attend the MOM.
What organizations need to attend the MOM?
- All organizations with a full, probationary, or temporary charter
- Campus ministry organizations
- Fraternity and sorority chapters
I am an officer for more than one organization. Can I sign in for both?
Yes! Please do.
I am a student. Can I attend the Advisor MOM?
No. You will miss out on important information provided in the regular MOM.
I am an advisor. Do I have to attend the Advisor MOM?
No. You must attend a MOM, but you can choose any meeting that works best with your schedule.
My organization has less than four members. What should we do?
Your advisor should confirm membership of three or fewer students by sending an email to Lauren Chapman, firstname.lastname@example.org. This only applies to fraternities, sororities, and campus ministries – NOT chartered organizations!
What happens if my organization does not comply?
- Funds will be frozen with the Comptroller’s Office
- All services through HTSC will suspended
- Requests for any Student Activities services will not be granted (stake signs, copies, etc.)
- Ad requests for space in the Students’ Association Bulletin Board in the Daily Campus will not be granted
- Requests for inclusion in the Friday Update will not be granted
- Distributing fliers to residence halls through RLSH will not be allowed
- May not have a space on the Boulevard for Game Days
- Your organization will automatically undergo Charter Review!
Any further questions about the MOM? Contact email@example.com.