A representative of an SMU Student Chartered Organization* can reserve non-activity spaces (classrooms, studios, conference room) if the activity they are hosting is for SMU Students by filling out the room reservation form. All reservations must be submitted a minimum of 3 business days before the scheduled event.
* If you are not sure whether your organization is "Chartered" please call Student Activities at 214-768-4400.
A special event may be defined by the following factors (however this is not an inclusive list):
- Involves Food (food is only permitted in the Sand Volleyball and Falls area outside)
- Over 50 participants
- Fee to participate
- Non-SMU Affiliated attendees
- Special set ups
- Outside vendors or DJs involved
Please contact Bonnie Hainline (214-768-3367 or firstname.lastname@example.org) to schedule a meeting to discuss the availability of space and feasibility of your event. A meeting must be scheduled at least six weeks prior to the event and the appropriate paperwork must be filled out to the best of your ability prior to the meeting.
- Click here to download the Special Events Information Packet and forms that need to be completed prior to the scheduled meeting.
Filming at the Dedman Center
Click here to visit the the Policies page for information about filming at the Dedman Center
If you have any questions or comments, please contact the main desk at 214-768-4823.