The Pulldown is a sanctioned USA Climbing Collegiate red-point competition by USA Climbing held annually each February. It caters mostly to competitive collegiate climbers from across the Metroplex, state and region with climbers regularly attending from as far away as Lubbock, San Marcos, San Antonio, as well as Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Louisiana.
The Pulldown is a great introduction to competitive climbing and offers something for the beginner (<5.9) to advanced (>5.11) climber. The Pulldown is a redpoint format competition meaning competitors climb at the same time, competitors can climb as much as they desire in the time limit, and only the top 5 climbs will count toward the final score. The Pulldown also plays host to a few “extras” like men’s and women’s speed climbing, men’s and women’s Dyno Elimination. Redpoint climbing is typically divided into 2-4 hour sessions (subject to change): AM & PM. Speed and Dyno will follow the PM session. Awards and door prizes after the Dyno.
Climbers placing 1-3 in the redpoint Men's and Women's beginner, intermediate, and advanced divisions as well as 1-3 in Speed and Dyno Elimination will win awards. All registered climbers will receive a grab-bag, a very cool competition t-shirt and names entered into a drawing for door prizes. Registration generally opens in January and is first come/first serve. Competition fees are due at time of registration. Please note that this competition is limited to 100 climbers. It is not uncommon to fill a specific session early. Day of event registration is often restricted to a specific session if available at all.
- Early Registration For CCS Members only: Feb 2- Feb 16 @ $ 35.00
- Regular Registration: Feb 17-23 @ $ 40.00
- Day-Of Registration (if available): @ $ 45.00 (Cash or Check Only)
REGISTER FOR AM SESSION (Will be active in Feb 2018) REGISTER FOR PM SESSION (Will be Active in Feb 2018)
Participation in the competition is not guaranteed until payment of fees by the registrant.
Registration fee includes: Speed and Dyno Elimination, grab-bag, lunch, competition t-shirt, door prizes, and complimentary 5 minute chair massage.
(Learn more about and/or join USA Climbing Collegiate )
Rules & Regulations
- If available, Day-Of Registration will be Cash or Check Only.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must sign an SMU Competition Release of Liability.
- All non-CCS member will have to get a day of pass in order to access registration into the web based score sheet.
- Cancellations 24 hours prior or no shows forfeit entire fee.
- Must be present for door prizes.
- Harnesses, shoes, and chalk available (supplies limited).
- SPECTATORS CHECK-IN AT THE Dedman Main Desk
Advance Registration Recommended. Session Space is Limited
|Check-In 8:00 am
||Check-In: 11:30 am
|Climber's Meeting 8:30 am
||Climber's Meeting 12:30 pm
|Climb 8:45 - 12:15
Speed (m/w) 4:15-5:15 pm
Dyno (m/w) 4:30-5:30 pm
Awards/Door Prizes Immediately following
For any questions please contact the Climbing Wall at 214-768-9917 or Albert Mitugo at 214 768 4822.