January AARO is Wednesday, January 18, 2017!
AARO (Academic Advising, Registration, Orientation) is designed to assist you in making a comfortable transition to University life at SMU. January AARO is a one-day program for new SMU students enrolling in the spring. Programs provide academic requirements and expectations, campus resources, involvement opportunities and the chance to meet current students. During your AARO session, you will also meet one-on-one with an academic advisor and register for fall classes.
Registration opens December 1, 2016 at noon.
Follow these steps to register for January AARO
- Pay your deposit
- Log-in to My.SMU and register yourself and guests
- Look for a confirmation email
Having trouble registering? View our step by step registration instructions.
Before You Come
- Read the New Student Transition Guide-an online PDF to help you better understand what to expect before, during, and after AARO
- Complete the check list on page 8 of the New Student Transition Guide
- Send your final transcript from previous colleges/universities to the Division of Enrollment Services
- Print your parking pass (emailed one week prior)
- Make an necessary housing accomodations
While You're Here
- Check-in begins at 8:30am in the Hughes-Trigg Student Center
- Brunch is provided
- Attend an advising session
- We will have programming for both students and their guests
- Attend Rotunda Passage