The Connect Program is implemented through the Office of Multicultural Student Affairs @ SMU and is an opportunity to connect incoming first year and transfer students of color to the SMU community both socially and academically. Through active recruitment, retention and support, CONNECT enhances the collegiate experience of all participants.
Purpose & Goals
To assist first year and transfer students of color in their collegiate experience through peer mentoring and developing meaningful relationships that will lead to positive retention results for students of color at SMU.
- Retention rates for Connect Student will meet and/or exceed all University retention rates.
- Connect Mentee will benefits from the opportunity to strengthen his or her leadership skills
- Mentor and Mentees provide resources for one another and develop a sense of community for students of color on campus.
- Connect Students will be able to identify careers associated with their academic majors and co-curricular interests./li>
- Connect Student will be able to recognize and communicate valuable resources available for student growth.
- Connect Student will develop interpersonal skills valuable to their personal development
Action Plan Worksheet
This document serves as a guide to help students develop goals and determine the necessary steps to achieve them. Through individual advising with a Multicultural Affairs Staff member CONNECT participants can gain new perspectives of how to effectively reach their goals.
For more information, email email@example.com
or call 214-768-4400.