- All registered students who pay the Health Center Fee are eligible for health services.
- Students registered for 12 or more credit hours are automatically charged the health fee.
- Students taking 11 credit hours or fewer must request the health service option at the time of registration, or may pay the fee at the Health Center at the time of treatment.
- The health fee covers primary care, physician visits at no charge, as well as all counseling services.
- There is a charge for specialized physician care, laboratory tests, x-rays, pharmaceuticals, and supplies, which may be charged to the student's university account or paid at the time of the visit.
- Covered charges for Health Center treatment rendered to students enrolled in the SMU Student Insurance Plan will be billed directly to the insurance company, after paying their co-pay.
- Students are required to present their student ID at the time of their appointment.
- PLEASE NOTE: During summer, there is a $25 fee (per summer term) for Health Center medical services. Payment is due at time of treatment.
No Show Fee
There is a $20 charge for no-showing a scheduled medical appointment. All students who do not cancel their appointment within one hour of their scheduled appointment time and no show their appointment will be billed $20 on their student account for each no-show appointment. (effective 9/2/08)