Student Self-help Library
- Screening for Mental Health - Anonymous Online Assessment
- NIMH Bipolar Disorder http://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/publications/bipolar-disorder/complete-index.shtml
- Keeping Your Balance: Coping with Bipolar Disorder: http://www.cci.health.wa.gov.au/resources/infopax.cfm?Info_ID=38
- DISTRESS TOLERANCE http://www.getselfhelp.co.uk/docs/DealingwithDistress.pdf
- An Unquiet Mind, by Kay Redfield Jamison, PhD (Nonfiction). Jamison's memoir springs from her dual perspective as both a psychiatric expert in manic depression and a sufferer of the disease.
- Touched With Fire: Manic-Depressive Illness and the Artistic Temperament, by Kay Redfield Jamison PhD (Nonfiction). Drawing from the lives of artists such as Van Gogh, Byron and Virginia Woolf, Jamison examines the links between manic-depression and creativity
- I Hate You - Don't Leave Me by Jerod Kreismen, MD & Hal Straus (Nonfiction) The authors provide a comprehensive, readable account of individuals with borderline personality disorder
- Borderline Personality Disorder Demystified: An Essential Guide for Understanding and Living with BPD, by Robert O. Friedel, M.D. (Nonfiction). This book is an invaluable resource for everyone diagnosed with BPD, those who think they might have the illness, and friends and family who love and support them.
- The Best Awful by Carrie Fisher (Fiction) An actress' autobiographical novel that concerns her bipolar disorder and substance abuse