- Room rental includes the setup of tables and chairs. Items like stage sections, podiums, pipe and drape, etc. are available at an additional cost.
- Below is a diagram of the different available set ups.
Please note these diagrams are not to scale.
- In the Student Center, the setups of tables and chairs are done by Hughes-Trigg staff, not by SMU Catering.
- Additional charges are incurred for events taking place outside our regular building hours.
- Building Hours: Semester Hours (Classes In Session)
- Monday through Friday: 8:00 AM - 12:00 AM
- Saturday: 9:00 AM - 11:00 PM
- Sunday: 12 PM - 11:00 PM
- Building Hours: Break Hours (Classes Not In Session)
- Monday through Friday: 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Saturday and Sunday: CLOSED
- Hours are subject to change or be adjusted. In the event we must change our hours we will publicize the change on the home page of our website and on flyers posted around the facility.
- For complete hours, including a list of holidays, click here: Building Hours.
Set-up/Tear Down Time
- If you need to decorate, set-up registration, or drop off materials before the event, please be sure to include the room(s) in your reservation and additional time. You may wish to use Centennial Hall; however, that space is not automatically included with the reservation.
Upon making a reservation you receive a PDF called an Estimate. In order to confirm your reservation the Estimate must be signed and returned to our office by 4:00pm on the Friday before your reservation. If your reservation deadline falls on a holiday or weekend, your estimate is due by 4:00pm on the last business day before your deadline. You will receive two reminder emails with the deadline listed in the subject line and the body of the email. If we have not received your estimate by that deadline your reservation will be canceled to allow our staff to adjust their schedules and inventory levels for events that have confirmed.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact us at HTSC_Reservations@smu.edu.
- We provide tables in the following dimensions:
- 6’x18” (6’ narrow tables)
- 6’x30” (6’ wide tables)
- 8’x18” (8’ narrow tables)
- 8’x30” (8’ wide tables)
- 60” rounds (rounds of 8)
- 30” high tops
- When making a reservation for a reception, buffet meal or boxed lunches, please be sure to ask for catering tables. Typically, we set up 8’ wide tables, but some rooms may have 6' tables due to space restrictions.
If tablecloths, table-skirts, or cloth napkins are needed, the client is responsible for renting them through a caterer or decorator, or purchased at a party supply store. If arrangements for delivery need to be made please contact the Reservations Office.
SMU Groups (campus departments and student organizations) can reserve space at no cost. Non-SMU groups cannot be sponsored by an outside group to receive a discount.
Pricing and Capacities for non-SMU Groups coming soon.
Remember to Finalize Arrangements
Keep your reservation estimate and refer to it often as you are planning your meeting or event. The estimate will show all of the information pertinent to your event, including when you have the room, what resources have been allocated to you, and how the rooms should be set up. A good rule of thumb is "if it's not listed on the estimate, it won't be provided". Of course, if you have any questions you may contact us at HTSC_Reservations@smu.edu.
To confirm your reservation and finalize all details, email us a signed copy of your reservation by 4:00pm the Friday before the week of your reservation. If you're not sure contact the Reservations Office and we will be happy to communicate your deadline for you.
For paying groups, the amount listed under "Room Charge" must be paid in full by this deadline. Additional amounts for other services and equipment (AV and event equipment) will be communicated in an invoice at a later date.