Named for the late David Nathan Meyerson (1967-1998), a therapist and talented writer who died before he was able to show to the greater world the full fruits of his literary potential, the prize consists of $1,000 and publication in SWR. With the generous support of Marlene, Marti, and Morton Meyerson, the award will continue to honor David Meyerson's memory by encouraging and taking notice of other writers of great promise.
- Open to writers who have not yet published a book of fiction, either a novel or collection of stories.
- Submissions must be no longer than 8,000 words.
- Entry fee of $25.00 must accompany each submission.
- Writer name and any contact information should appear only on the cover letter or email, if entering online. No identifying information should appear on the story itself.
- Submissions will not be returned.
- No simultaneous or previously published work.
- Postmarked deadline for entry is May 1, 2017.
- Winner will be announced in August. The winning story will appear in the Autumn edition of Southwest Review.
- All entrants will receive a copy of the issue in which the winning story appears.
- Entries sent by mail with a check or money order should be addressed to:
The Meyerson Fiction Prize
P.O. Box 750374
Dallas, TX 75275-0374