The Morton Marr Poetry Prize is an endowment by Marilyn Klepak of Dallas in honor of her father, whose love of poetry has encouraged her to pass this love on to others. The first prize is $1,000 and the second place prize is $500. Both prizes earn publication in Southwest Review pages.
- Contest is open to writers who have not yet published a first book of poetry.
- Contestants may submit no more than six, previously unpublished poems in a "traditional" form (e.g. sonnet, sestina, villanelle, rhymed stanzas, blank verse, etc.).
- Poems should be printed blank with name and address information only on a cover sheet or letter.
- Entry fee of $5.00 per poem must accompany submission.
- Postmarked deadline for entry is September 30, 2016.
- Poems will not be returned.
- Winners will be notified in December.
- All entrants will receive a copy of the issue in which the winning poems appear.
- Entries sent by mail with a check or money order should be addressed to:
The Morton Marr Poetry Prize
P.O. Box 750374
Dallas, TX 75275-0374