Welcome to Southern Methodist University's Pre-Collegiate College Access Program. First, we would like to personally commend you for taking the first step towards investing in your education or the education of our future leaders.
Our staff is committed to providing a nurturing and caring environment to ensure that each student is provided with a quality opportunity in education, regardless of race or ethnic background. It is our goal to help disadvantaged students overcome academic and financial barriers in higher education by providing:
- Instruction in literature and composition
- Mathematics tutorial assistance
- Science and technology tutorial assistance
- Academic and personal counseling
- Assessment test preparation classes
- Character education and leadership development
- College preparatory information
- Scholarship information
- Financial aid seminars
We value the life and future of each student; therefore, upon entering our program all students are assisted in setting achievement goals that will help their dreams become reality. We empower our students to become successful college graduates working in businesses, government, medicine, law, education, research, finance, politics, computer science, technology, engineering, and/or whatever their career desire may be.
Every student is encouraged to pursue distinctions in moral character, education, leadership and liberation. As you browse our website, we hope you will gain more insight into our program and the services that we provide. We welcome and appreciate inquiries from potential students, educators, mentors, and corporate sponsors about our program and services. For additional information, please feel free to contact us at 214.768.2364, by email, or utilizing the contact us page. We would be glad to meet with you and answer any questions about our program. Thank you again for visiting our website.
Southern Methodist University College Access Programs is an institution of higher learning with a long tradition of assisting families find the "BEST FIT" college and career path. Our staff and faculty is dedicated to helping students succeed in today's global market. We adapt our curriculum and seminars to meet the needs of our diverse students, taking into account the many ways in which students learn.
Anchored by tradition, we excel at:
- one-on-one interaction and tutoring with our teaching staff
- cultivating independent learning
- college preparation strategies and tools to finding the "Best Fit" College
- college tours and cultural experiences
- providing comprehensive mentoring and internship programs
- fostering collaboration with the community service learning and internship programs
- enriching academic learning with long-term projects
- fostering diversity experience on campus and in the Dallas County area