Preferential deadline for graduate assistantships and departmental scholarships is February 15, 2013. Application deadline is May 1, 2013.
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution
- A minimum undergraduate grade point average of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) and
- Scores from the verbal, quantitative, and analytical writing sections of the Graduate Record Exam (GRE), taken within the last five years. To ensure that we receive your GRE scores, please use the institution code 7464 for the ACSSEHD.
For the GRE taken prior to August 1, 2011
Preferred scores are 500 or higher for Quantitative Reasoning, 500 or higher for Verbal Reasoning, and 4.5 or higher for Analytical Writing.
For the GRE taken after August 1, 2011
Preferred scores are 151or higher for Quantitative Reasoning, 151or higher for Verbal Reasoning, and 4.0 or higher for Analytical Writing.
- Essay writing sample
- Applicants from countries where the predominant language is not English are required to supply scores on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) administered by the Educational Testing Service. The minimum score for admission is an 83 on the internet-based test.
- Three letters of recommendation from academic and/or professional references
Please be patient with us as the Department of Education Policy and Leadership is transitioning to an online application. The application should be live in early December.