The campus experience is a major strength of an SMU education, supporting academic endeavors and fostering a sense of community and pride. Through The Second Century Campaign, SMU must continue to:
- Create residential colleges or commons as part of a sophomore housing requirement.
- Provide students with even more opportunities for community interaction through internships and philanthropic service.
- Expand student services in areas such as health care, wellness and career placement.
- Create additional leadership development opportunities that take advantage of the resources of Dallas.
- Continue to enrich the campus environment on the main campus in Dallas as well as at SMU-in-Legacy and SMU-in-Taos.
- Enhance competitiveness of the athletics program, which teaches leadership skills and builds community spirit.