How to Apply
Information about what needs to be submitted in your application packet can be found below. The application materials can be emailed to the Maguire Ethics Center or dropped off in-person at the Maguire Ethics Center. Please create one document containing your application form followed by your biographical sheet(s) and be sure to put your name on every page. If you do not receive an acknowledgement within three business days after the deadline, please contact us at 214-768-4255.
Further questions should be directed to Adria Richmond. Please carefully read all the way through this application and read Internship Guidelines/FAQ page before calling with your question.
The application consists of four parts:
- Application Form [pdf] Please make sure you've reviewed the Fellowship Guidelines Page before starting your application.
- Bio Information and Fellowship Proposal
- Brief biography (one to two pages) with your proposal
- Include relevant personal, academic and work background on yourself
- Fellowship Proposal should be one to two pages. Please provide as much detail as possible on the work for which you would like to be sponsored this summer, including:
- An overview of your summer project
- How your proposed service project or research is related to ethics, or what ethical or public service issues you’ll be dealing with while working
- Where you want to work (name and location of agency and physical location of your fellowship)
- What you would be doing/what is the need to be addressed
- Why you are seeking this stipend
- Letter from Your Sponsoring Agency (just one page)
- The letter should be from the person who would be your supervisor for the summer service project/fellowship
- The letter should state that the supervisor has spoken to you about the project and what you will be doing at their organization
- The letter should confirm that you will be able to work 200 hours over the summer under his/her supervision
- Should you anticipate that you will not be able to obtain a letter from your sponsoring agency and supervisor by the deadline, please notify the Maguire Ethics Center before the application deadline
- Letter from a Faculty Reference
- The letter should be from the faculty reference whose name you listed on the application form
The application window is now closed. Please check back this fall for 2017 Fellowship application information.