Clinton Global Initiative at SMU
The CGI University Network (CGI U) is a consortium of colleges and universities that support, mentor, and provide seed funding to leading student innovators and entrepreneurs on their respective campuses. To join the CGI University Network, a university must provide a minimum of $10,000 in funding to CGI U student commitment-makers from its campus. SMU became a member in 2012.
READ PRESS RELEASE
Annual CGI U Meeting
Students and university representatives come together at the CGI U meeting to hear from experts in various fields, brainstorm ideas, share best practices, and form effective partnerships.
Seven SMU students promote their commitments at the 2014 annual meeting
- Art use as a Confidence Builder for Victims of Sex Trafficking (Asia Rodgers)
- Educating Ghana (Trisha St-Fleur)
- Green Riba (Rahfin Faruk)
- PropeLend Economic Empowerment Ventures (Thomas Schmedding, Adam Goff)
- The Nari Project (Ashley Wali)
- Veterans Day Nonprofit (Jonathan Hess)