ETHEL LOUISE ARMSTRONG FOUNDATION, INC.
ELA Scholarships are available only to women graduate students with physical disabilities who are enrolled in a college or university in the United States. These scholarships are awarded on an objective and nondiscriminatory basis. ELA will award scholarships depending on academic and leadership merit. The purpose of the scholarship is to supplement financial assistance for tuition costs for female graduate students with physical disabilities. Scholarships are between $1,000 and $2,000 and are awarded in August. Only the recipients will be notified (by mail). Their names will also be posted on the ELA news portion of the website. The scholarship money is contingent upon the recipient's acceptance to, or continuation in, an accredited college or university graduate program.
(1) The student must be a woman with a physical disability.
(2) The student must be currently enrolled or actively applying to a graduate program in an accredited college or university in the United States.
(3) The student must be active in a local, state, or national disability organization - either in person or electronically - which is providing services and/or advocacy for people with disabilities.
(4) The student must be willing, as an ELA Scholar, to network with the ELA Board of Directors and the current and alumni scholarship recipients on our listserv. This will enhance the ELA Scholar's support base in professional and political arenas.
(5) The student must be willing to update ELA with an annual letter on her progress in her academic and working career.
range up to a maximum of $1,000 to $2,000 per year
Send application to:
Ethel Louise Armstrong Foundation, Inc.
2460 North Lake Ave., PMB #128
Altadena, CA. 91001