St. Andrew By The Sea UMC Scholarship
In order to recognize outstanding United Methodist students, the Scholarship Committee of
St. Andrew By-The-Sea United Methodist Church (Hilton Head Is., South Carolina) will award yearly scholarships with amounts determined by the committee, usually $1000-$1500. The Scholarship Committee receives contributions from individuals, memorials, and other private donations. We believe that outstanding academic performance should be rewarded. Our scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic/personal achievement and financial need.
- St. Andrew members who are entering or continuing their college career, regardless of major or location of college. (Note: Priority is given to divinity students.)
- Students who plan to enter the ministry, Christian Education or Church music. If attending a seminary, applicants must be intending to enter the ministry in the United Methodist Church.
- Graduates of Epworth Children's Home
- Completed application form (links below) submitted by deadline of May 31.
- Complete and submit the scholarship application form. Recipients of a scholarship for the prior academic year should complete the Renewal application form.
- New applicants must submit two (2) letters of recommendation from individuals other than relatives. (This requirement does not apply to applications for renewal.)
- Submit a copy of education records (high school and college transcripts, GED, letters or certificates). Additional test scores such as PSAT, SAT, ACT, and ASSET are accepted but not mandatory.
- Submit the signed applicant Agreement form along with the application.
The Scholarship Committee will select the recipients using the information required above. The Scholarship received will be mailed directly to the Financial Aid Office of the college prior to the beginning of each semester.
Usually $1,000 to $1,500
Send all required application materials to:
St. Andrew By-The-Sea United Methodist Church
Attn: Scholarship Committee
20 Pope Avenue
Hilton Head Island, SC 29928