January 7, 2013
Gainesville First United Methodist Church is seeking a full-time Director of Music Ministries to lead our active and growing music ministries. The successful applicant will have knowledge of and experience in leading music in a variety of styles and settings, including adult choirs (vocal and handbell), children’s choirs, and youth choirs (vocal and handbell).
Gainesville FUMC is a 600-member church with two Sunday morning services of worship (8:30 and 10:45), both primarily traditional in style, and an excellent reputation of an active and varied music ministry, including a fully-graded children’s choir program and a concert series that has fostered community involvement in recent years. All music groups participate regularly in Sunday worship and in special services.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Rehearse and direct children, youth, and adult choirs.
- Worship leadership in both morning services and other special services.
- Coordinate and lead music for seasonal services (Lent, Easter, Advent/Christmas, etc.) and summer programs (VBS, children’s musical).
- Supervise part-time keyboard staff.
- Plan and coordinate special events as part of an ongoing Concert Series.
- Coordinate existing music library and equipment and expand as needed.
- Oversee music/worship budget.
- Be an active part of the church staff.
- Work with the senior pastor and worship team for worship planning.
Compensation for the qualified candidate is in the range of $40,000 plus an allowance for continuing education and job-related expenses.
For more information, including a complete job description, or to send resumes, contact:
Rev. Don Yeager FUMC Senior Pastor
214 S. Denton St.
Gainesville, TX 76240