November 11, 2013
ABOUT US: The first Journey gathering was held in June of 1999 with ten charter community members. The staff and leadership of Gaston Oaks Baptist Church, in concert with a small leadership team and Journey’s founding pastor, envisioned a place where people could experience authenticity, creativity, beauty and justice. Journey quickly became a home for many searching for a different kind of church community. Journey continues to be a family of pilgrims committed to faith transformation – within and outside its walls. We seek to live as a post-denominational Christian community and are excited to see where God will lead us in this next chapter.
STATUS: Part-time, Salaried (with the option to fundraise to pursue full-time employment)
GENERAL PURPOSE OF POSITION: Work in concert with the Elders, Leaders and community members to help the community live out its core values.
START DATE: April 1st, 2014.
QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL:
● Embrace and embody Journey’s core values (Christian, Missional, Holistic, Communal)
● Hold or be in pursuit of a Masters of Divinity (or have similar theological training/experience)
● Have experience in/be comfortable with a variety of denominational backgrounds
● Approach Sunday services from a discussion perspective
● Actively engage in the life of the church community
● Desire to serve the larger Dallas community
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: (a comprehensive list of responsibilities is available upon request)
● Work with Elders to plan Sunday topics and set calendar
● Lead service 3 Sundays per month (includes preparation of discussion/sermon and necessary liturgy)
● Schedule and lead monthly Elder meetings
● Pray for and with community members
● Work with community members and JourneyKids point person to create or curate JourneyKids lessons
● Work with accountant and Budget Team to oversee all church financial matters
Submit resume, cover letter and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org