The Foundations class offers new youth ministry workers or volunteers an extensive course on foundational material for youth ministry. It focuses on important topics that are essential for leaders in youth ministry. This course is offered each day from 9:30 am-5:00 pm, Mon-Thurs. Foundations participants will also be mentored by experienced, veteran youth workers in the year after their course work to give extra support as they learn to practically apply the Foundations learning in their own local church ministry.
*There is no class assignment prior to the first day of class. Class instructors will review the class schedule on the first day of class.
This class will cover the following topics:
• The Concept of Youth Ministry
• Mission/Vision/Strategy of Youth Ministry
• Family Ministry, Adolescent Psychology and Youth Ministry
• The Professional Youth Minister
• Self-Care and Sabbath
• Building Blocks of Youth Ministry
• Curriculum and Resources
• Preaching and Teaching
• United Methodist Heritage
• Safe Sanctuary
• Mission Trips and Event Planning
• Communication and Relationship Building