The Mexican American Program presently has eight primary areas of service:
* MAP supports curriculum and activities at Perkins that prepare ministerial students for ministries with Latinos, including the student group (L@s Seminaristas)and the Certificate in Hispanic Studies.
* MAP provides short-term intensive training programs on the Perkins campus for local pastors through the Spanish Language Licensing School and Course of Study School; as well as for pastors and laity through the Lay Missioner Pastor-Mentor Training Program for Developing Hispanic Ministries, and the Congregational Mobilization Module.
* MAP provides various continuing education events, symposia, consultations, and lectures on topics of specific interest to church leaders in ministry with Hispanics.
* MAP publishes Apuntes, a journal providing theological reflection from the Hispanic-Latino perspective.
* MAP provides consulting and continuing education services for local congregations, clergy groups, and others who are interested in developing ministries with Latinos.
* MAP provides, through the Hispanic Youth Leadership Academy, a program of early awareness and mentoring for Hispanic youth and young adults to discern their call to ministry through the pursuit of higher education, awareness of social issues, spiritual and mental growth, and their awakening as leaders.
* MAP advocates before The United Methodist Church with and in behalf of Latino congregations and ministries. Further, the program works in cooperation with several general agencies of the denomination, especially in the implementation of the National Plan for Hispanic-Latino Ministry, and with MARCHA (Methodists Associated to Represent the Cause of Hispanic Americans), The United Methodist Church’s Hispanic caucus.
L@s Seminaristas is an ecumenical Perkins School of Theology student organization dedicated to serving Christ by strengthening and encouraging student leadership. The group has a focused interest in various aspects of Latino/a ministry including Christian worship, preaching, outreach, evangelism, and mission. For more information, contact Rev. Jeannie Treviño-Teddlie, advisor to L@s Seminaristas, at 214-768-2768 or email@example.com.