OIT Expanding Communication and Social Media Efforts
As the ability to send to the campus email lists changes, all departments (including OIT) are being challenged to explore other ways to reach the campus audience.
We are launching several new communication efforts this fall including our new blog, two new managed lists, and two twitter feeds.
Training tips, new services, events, and information will be posted regularly. You can visit the blog anytime via the web or subscribe to the RSS feeds for automatic updates.
We will offer four managed lists for campus:
- IT Training will provide information on upcoming training classes, events, and webinars.
- IT Communications will provide announcements of our newsletter, new services, changes in services, and other IT information.
- IT Changes (Faculty and Staff only) provides a weekly update of all scheduled maintenance and outages for IT services (weekly digest)
- IT Outages (Faculty and Staff only) provides notification of unplanned service outages as well as updates during the resolution of those issues (used infrequently)
Over the next few weeks, we will also expand our communication efforts to Twitter. We have two Twitter addresses that will be used.
- @smuhelpdesk will be used by the Help Desk to communicate service outages/changes, new service announcements, and phishing alerts.
- @smuoit will be used for more wide-spread communications and announcements about training, services, events, and more.
We look forward to sharing valuable information with you to help you succeed with technology!