About Remote Desktop
Remote Desktop connections allow you to connect to your office computer from another computer. Once the connection is established, you have access to all of the applications and files on your computer in addition to your local computer resources (printing, clipboard etc). Before Remote Desktop will work, your Office computer must be configured to allow remote connections. By default, this option is not enabled.
You will also be required to download the VPN Any Connect client on your home computer and establish a secure connection before connecting to your office machine.
- Configure your Office computer to allow remote desktop connections
- Locate your office computer hostname/IP address (click here from your office computer)
- Leave your office computer On but Locked!
- Download the Any Connect VPN client on your home computer
- Establish the VPN client on your home computer
- Configure the remote connection on your home computer
- Establish the connection and authenticate.
Instructions for Windows [PDF]
Instructions for MAC
Instructions for iPads