Office of Information Technology
Configuring Gmail to Retrieve your SMU Email
- Login to your gmail account
- Locate the Gear icon in the top right corner
- Select Settings
- Click the Accounts tab
- Locate the Check mail from other accounts (using POP3) section and click Add a POP3 mail account you own.
- Enter your SMU Email address
- Click Next Step
- In the username field, enter email@example.com (ex: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Enter your account password
- The server should be pop.smu.edu and the port should be 995
- Ensure that the "always use a secure connection SSL" option is checked
- Select any other options that you would like.
- Click Add Account