DirectSubmit generates SafeAssign reports on papers submitted outside of a SafeAssignment. DirectSubmit is also used to add papers to the institutional database. DirectSubmit is not integrated with the Grade Center. Blackboard advises using SafeAssignments to collect submissions whenever possible.
You submit single papers using DirectSubmit or submit multiple papers in a ZIP file. Include no more than 100 papers in a ZIP file. DirectSubmit cannot process more than 300 papers in one session. DirectSubmit cannot process papers that are larger than 10 MB.
How to Submit Papers Through DirectSubmit
- On the Control Panel, expand the Course Tools, section.
- Select SafeAssign.
- Click DirectSubmit. A list of folders and papers appears. This list includes papers already uploaded through DirectSubmit. Blackboard recommends that files not be deleted from DirectSubmit because this deletes them from the institutional database of existing materials.
- Navigate to a folder where you want to upload the papers.
- Click Submit Papers.
- Select Upload File and browse for the files. Individual papers as well as papers that are grouped in a ZIP file are accepted. Alternatively, select Copy/Paste Document and add the document text in the field.
- Select the upload options:
Submit as Draft: A SafeAssign report is generated, but the paper is not added to the institutional database and is not used to check other papers.
- Skip Plagiarism Checking: Adds the papers to the institutional database without checking for content copied from other sources. Use this option to upload papers from an earlier course to ensure that current students are not reusing work
Supported File Types
DirectSubmit supports the following file types:
- Microsoft Word document (DOC, DOCX)
- Rich Text Format (RTF)
- HTML (HTM, HTML)
- Text (TXT)
- Zip-compressed multiple files (ZIP)
To view your results go back to SafeAssign as described above in steps 1 through 3.
Your results will appear in the SA Report column. It will appear as a green check in the SA Report column.
SafeAssign promises a 24 hour turn around. We have experienced faster times. In our test, average submissions of less than 25 pages have returned in less than 15 minutes. The time it will take to analyze a document depends on its length and complexity.
Complete Details from Blackboard Here
Apple Safari Issue
If you are experiencing problems using SafeAssign with Apple's Safari set your preferences to accept all cookies.