SMU has a site license agreement for Adobe Design and Web Premium. This license covers all University owned faculty,staff, and lab computers.
The Design and Web Premium CS 6 package includes the following software titles:
- Photoshop Extended
- In Design
- Acrobat Pro
- Flash Pro
- additional Adobe tools
The software may not be installed on equipment that is loaned to students for extended periods of time (6 hours or more).
Obtaining the Software
The software will be published to the LANDesk software portal for installation. You can choose to install the application when it is most convenient for you. Faculty and Staff in Cox or Lyle will need to check with their local IT Support for installation instructions. The installation takes approximately 30-40 minutes to complete.
Before you install CS6, you will need to remove any previous instances of Adobe Web or Design Premium Software. To help with the removal process, download and run the Clean Up Tool from the Adobe website or use the Windows Control Panel to uninstall individual packages. When prompted, remove only those titles that are covered under the agreement. If you had additional Adobe software (Master Collection, Captivate etc) do not remove those title. These packages will still be covered under individuals licenses purchased by the Departments.
- Click Start-Programs--LANDesk Management---Desktop Manager
- If you do not see the Adobe application listed, click Refresh
- Please note- There will be two packages available: Adobe Acrobat Pro and CS6.
- To install Acrobat Pro only, select that application and click Deploy
- To install CS 6 and Adobe Acrobat Pro, you must remove any existing installations of Adobe Acrobat Pro. Then click only CS6. This includes Acrobat as well.
- Check the box next to the applicaation and click Deploy
- Please Note--- you will not see any activity during the install! The status will just say downloading until the packages are installed. The progress bar will not move. The install takes up to 60 minutes. If you choose the full CS6 suite, LanDesk may indicate that the installation is finished after it has completed Acrobat Pro only. The rest of the suite should install automatically.
- Click the Chevron icon in the upper right menu bar.
- Click Software Portal. The LANDesk PBD Update window will appear
- Select the Adobe package from the list of available applications
- Click Install
If you are unable to access any software through the LANDesk Desktop Manager or do not see the Chevron icon on a mac, you may need to reinstall the LANDesk agent. Go to vpn.smu.edu and download the latest agent for your University owned machine. This applies to those machines managed by OIT only. Cox and Engineering employess should contact their local tech support.
Disks will not be available for the campus licensed software. All installations must be done via LANDesk.
Please remember to install all updates for Adobe products when prompted to do so.