2014 Pre-College Summer Programs
Each Portfolio workshops gives aspiring high school art students a taste of creating art in the spacious studios at the Meadows School of the Arts, located at the heart of SMU’s beautiful tree lined campus in Dallas, TX.
Each week’s session consists of 2 studio sessions, covering 2-D and digital medias. The curriculum for these MAYA summer sessions is modeled after the Division of Art’s innovative major and minor programs available to BFA and BA Studio Art majors.
Weekly sessions run Monday – Friday, from 9:00 am – 4:30 pm.
July 7 – 11, 2014: Drawing/Painting and Alternative Photography
July 14 – 18, 2014: Collage/Appropriation and Digital Photography
Typical Daily Class Schedule
9:30 – 11:30 am – Studio 1
12:00 – 1:00 pm – Lunch
1:30 – 4:30 pm – Studio 2
Session cost: $550
- Class size is limited to 12 students per week; all sessions must have a minimum of 6 students enrolled to be held.
- All art supplies are included.
- Some digital cameras will be available for student checkout. If you have a digital camera, please bring it with you daily to class.
- We recommend that students purchase a suitable portfolio and carry bag, so that they may easily transport their 2D work between residence and SMU during the week if they so desire.
- A daily lunch is provided on campus in the Umphrey Lee Dining Center.
- Daily on-campus parking passes are also provided.
2014 MAYA Pre-College Program Registration
Registrations are accepted on a first come/first serve basis with payment and completion of this form.