2015 Pre-College Summer Program
Each Portfolio workshops gives aspiring high school art students a taste of creating art in the spacious studios at the Meadows School of the Arts, located at the heart of SMU’s beautiful tree lined campus in Dallas, TX.
The week consists of 2 studio sessions, covering 2-D and digital medias. The curriculum for the MAYA summer session is modeled after the Division of Art’s innovative major and minor programs available to BFA and BA Studio Art majors.
July 13 – 17, 2015: Drawing/Painting and Photography/Video
The session is Monday – Friday, from 9:00 am – 4:30 pm.
Typical Daily Class Schedule
9:00 – 11:30 am – Studio 1
12:00 – 1:00 pm – Lunch
1:30 – 4:30 pm – Studio 2
Session cost: $550
- Class size is limited to 12 students; the session must have a minimum of 6 students enrolled to be held.
- All art supplies are included.
- Some digital cameras will be available for student checkout. If you have a digital camera, please bring it with you daily to class.
- We recommend that students purchase a suitable portfolio and carry bag, so that they may easily transport their 2D work between residence and SMU during the week if they so desire.
- A daily lunch is provided on campus in the Umphrey Lee Dining Center.
- Daily on-campus parking passes are also provided.
If you have any questions, please contact Rosa Reifsnyder, Coordinator Art/Art History at email@example.com or 214-768-2698