The Lyle Online Global Interactive Network (LOGin)
has made it possible for international students to earn an accredited graduate degree from one of the oldest universities in the U.S. without having to leave your home or job. With all the detail and content of our on-campus graduate courses, you view streamed versions of live lectures to complete any of Lyle's Master's Degrees
- No Visa requirement
- Balance your degree studies with work and family priorities
- Access to professors via email and phone
Most degree programs are 10 courses, or 30 credit hours, in length with no on-campus or thesis requirements, all designed to further your professional career goals. See how LOGin international distance education works.
What we need from you:
- Your completed application with your personal statement
- $75 (U.S.) application fee
- Official transcripts (mark sheets) of all secondary and post-secondary academic work, including all official documents (in English) and an explanation of the grading system
- TOEFL score
- GRE score (GRE is not required for some degree programs - see #4 in Application Instructions)
International students wishing to participate in LOGin's international distance education program will need to complete the domestic student application
A private university of 11,000 students near the center of Dallas, SMU offers strong undergraduate, graduate, and professional programs through seven schools — in the humanities and sciences; business; the performing, visual, and communication arts; engineering; education and human development; law; and theology.
- Students come from all 50 states, the District of Columbia, and nearly 90 foreign countries, and represent diverse economic, ethnic, and religious backgrounds.
- SMU itself is a gateway to the global community, offering more than 20 study-abroad programs as well as a unique campus in northern New Mexico on the site of a historic fort and 13th-century Indian pueblo.
- The University's 10 libraries house the largest private collection of research materials in the Southwest.
- The internationally acclaimed Meadows Museum houses one of the finest collections of Spanish art outside of Spain.
- As part of SMU's focus on leadership, the Tate Distinguished Lecture Series and Hart Global Leaders Forum bring national and world leaders to campus for lectures and interaction with students.
- Founded in 1911 by what is now The United Methodist Church, SMU opened in 1915 with support from Dallas leaders. The University is nonsectarian in its teaching and committed to freedom of inquiry.
Tour the SMU Campus
Curious to find out more about our campus and culture? You can take a virtual tour of our university.