Enroll now! If you enroll after May 30 for Summer term or August 14 for Fall term, you will need to submit your payment at the time you enroll.
A full enrollment tutorial video is available at: http://www.smu.edu/OIT/Training/accessself#tab_tab4
- Login to the my.SMU.edu system.
- Select Student Center under the Student Self Service heading on the right side of the screen.
- Check my.SMU.edu for course availability by using Class Search. You can search by course level (graduate) and course prefix (CEE, CSE, EE, EMIS, ENGR, ME).
- Select ADD a Class.
- Select the appropriate term.
- Click ADD Classes.
- Enter the Class Number in the Class Nbr field, or click the lookup button to view the schedule of classes. If you use the lookup button, click the check mark next to the desired class in the search results (see bullet 9 below for section information). The class number will be automatically entered into the Add Class screen.
- Enter one ore more Class numbers. To add more than six Class numbers, click ADD ANOTHER CLASS.
- Click Submit.
- Be sure to select "campus essentials (parking)" if needed and click "view your account" to see your tuition charges.
- For on campus classes, use section 001/701/801, for distance students use section 400, Active Duty Military students use section 400 (email a copy of your military ID or credentials to firstname.lastname@example.org for military enrollment. Please be sure to indicate "Military Enrollment" in the subject line of your email. ). (Summer term sections have an extra digit "3" as the last digit of the section number.)
- Tuition payment due date is May 30 for Summer term and August 14, for Fall term. If enrolling on or after this date, tuition payment is due upon enrollment. Make payment using the webpay link below as a “Guest”. If your payment is not received within this time-frame, you will be assessed a late payment fee.
You will need your SMU ID number and tuition amount to make payment. Make your payment at webpay to pay, as a “Guest.”
NOTE: You will conduct your own enrollment each term on my.SMU.edu. Enrollment procedures are found above in bullet number 2.
Re-admitted students, who are graduating at the end of the term
You will file for graduation on Access.SMU. To receive permission for this process, contact Jim Dees. You need to do this at the beginning of the term. You must also complete a degree plan and email it to Jim Dees. Degree plans can be found here.
You will be mailed a password to use the my.SMU.edu on-line information system. The password, combined with a student’s eight digit ID number will allow you to log on to my.SMU.edu to enroll the first time, look up grades (grades are no longer mailed), change your address and phone number, register for class for future terms, and to check for any holds.
For help with ACCESS, please email the SMU Help Desk.
SMU Honor Code
Every student at SMU is bound by the SMU Honor Code. You need to become familiar with it and should review it regularly at SMU Honor Code Page.
Meningitis Vaccination Requirement
In accordance with Texas state law, all students under the age of 22 must be vaccinated against bacterial meningitis at least 10 days prior to attending any on campus or weekend format classes.