Visioneering 2013, presented by Texas Instruments, was a great success!! We connected over 800 middle school students with 67 mentors from 23 companies on Saturday, February 16th with the mission to make homelessness more livable. These students came from 30 different schools across North Texas. In addition, there were 34 SMU students, faculty and staff who volunteered their time and talent to help expose the field of engineering to these middle school students. We’d like to say a big, “THANK YOU!” to everyone involved.
Check out pictures from Visioneering 2013 in the Newsroom!
We are looking forward to having you join us at Visioneering 2014.
What is Visioneering?
View the documentary video from Visioneering 2012
Visioneering brings together students, working engineers, innovators, and noted national figures from a variety of industries and businesses to celebrate the ways that engineering makes a difference in the world around us. It gives students the opportunity to play “engineer for the day!”
Each year, middle school participants are exposed to the fun and exciting side of engineering. Visioneering sits at the crossroads of a day at the mall, an exciting sporting event, a live concert, and the science fair and delivers the substance teachers and parents want, with the fun kids crave.
Student teams will assisted during the day by a seasoned engineer from the DFW Corporate Community. These professionals will:
- Guide student teams through the conceptual design process.
- Assist students in developing a short oral presentation of their ideas for judging.
- Serve as a mentor to the students – talk about your engineering experience.
- High energy motivational speeches from high tech celebrities
- A major real-time engineering design competition involving groups of students collaborating with working engineers on a specific problem of social significance
- A tech expo showcasing the latest technologies from the nation's leading engineering and technology companies
- An awards ceremony recognizing the top student design projects
Want to know more about previous year's events? Check out our newsroom.
See what others are saying about Visioneering
"This is an awesome event that really stretched our kids to think outside the box. Thank you for the opportunity!” - Teacher Comment
“This is one of the BEST opportunities I have ever witnessed. What an experience!” - Teacher Comment
“The mentor was incredible and wonderful with the 6th graders.” - Teacher Comment
Want More Information?
Contact us about registering a team or being a volunteer engineering mentor
(214) 768-2070 or email@example.com
Visioneering is proudly sponsored by:
Would your company be interested in sponsoring Visioneering or participating in the event's tech expo?
Contact us to find out how?