The graduate application process may seem a bit overwhelming. With this in mind, we have prepared an online application process to make it simpler for you. We also have a checklist for registered visitors to help you keep track of the things that you will need to have in order to complete your application.
- Register/log in to our application system
- Complete and submit your application
Once you are logged in to the application system, follow the on-screen instructions. Until you submit, you can return to this site as often as you like to update your information
- Register/log in to our online portfolio submission site
- Submit your portfolio assignment and examples, as well as any other required documentation
Once you are logged in to the portfolio submission site, complete the following steps:
- Select the specialization for which you will be applying: Art Creation, Level Design, Production, or Programming.
- Submit your essay, references, portfolio and/or specialization specific assignments. The assignments are meant as a guide for those applicants that do not have a portfolio of work from either their time as an undergraduate student or through life experiences. They are only required if you do not have a portfolio of work showcasing your aptitude for the specialization in which you are applying
- Submit your official undergraduate transcripts
We accept official .pdf versions of transcripts from your institution, or you may mail them directly to:
5232 Tennyson Pkwy., Building 2
Plano, TX 75024
In reviewing your application, the Admissions Committee looks for a good academic and personal match between student and institution, and seeks to identify students who will best benefit from and contribute to the SMU Guildhall community in a variety of ways within and beyond the classroom.
Contact us if you have any questions regarding the application process.
If you are experiencing trouble with the Application System, check the following for your Internet browser::
- Lower your security and/or privacy settings from higher restrictions.
- Do not block pop-ups, or messages will not appear.
- If you receive a warning about expired certificate, accept it.