Students must complete an online Application for Candidacy to Graduate (ACG) before their diploma will be issued and before they can participate in the ceremony. The Academic Deans/Directors of each school of record can provide assistance with online the ACG form for each individual student.
134 Clements Hall
6425 Boaz Ln, Perkins Admin Suite 101
Edwin L. Cox School of Business
Barbara Mohrle, Cheri (Hendrix) Swannie
MSA/MSF - Ana Guzman
FTMBA - J.R. McGrath
PTMBA/MGMT - Manana Argvliani
EMBA-Delania Teems, Blair Wright
208 Collins Center
Bobby B. Lyle School of Engineering
400 Caruth Hall
349 Caruth Hall
Meadows School of the Arts
Chuck Donaldson, Janet Stephens
202 Umphrey Lee
1150 Owen Art Center
Dedman School of Law
125 Storey Hall
Perkins School of Theology
206 Kirby Hall
School of Education and Human Development
234 Simmons Hall
Master of Bilingual Education / Master of Education
3101 University Blvd Ste. 345
Master of Education (Leadership)
3101 University Blvd Ste. 306
Master of Liberal Studies
Michelle Mrak, Rosa Sommers
3101 University Blvd Ste. 163
Certificate/Master of Arts in Dispute Resolution
Kay Barclay (SMU-in-Plano)
5228 Tennyson Parkway, Suite 118
Master of Science in Counseling
Jackie Field (SMU-in-Plano)
5228 Tennyson Parkway, Suite 234
5236 Tennyson Parkway, Building 4
The Guildhall at SMU
5232 Tennyson Parkway, Building 2
Instructions for completing ACGs
- To complete section 2, click here for a list of Academic Programs and Plans.
- To complete section 5, refer to the list of Commencement and Graduation Ceremonies below.
- May University Commencement
- May University Commencement & Law Hooding
- Law Hooding Only
- May Commencement & Theology Diploma Presentation Ceremony
- Theology Diploma Presentation Only
- December Graduation Ceremony (August or December Candidates only).
August Candidates, except those who participated in previous May, may attend the December or the May ceremony.
December Candidates may attend the December ceremony or the May ceremony.
- If attending and earning more than one major, indicate in which school Diploma Presentation Ceremony you will participate in by referring to the Academic Programs link above.