The McKenzie Bible was printed in 1856 and once was the property of J.W.P. McKenzie, a pioneer
in Methodist education in Texas. It was used continually by McKenzie, who established McKenzie
College at Clarksville, once the largest institution of higher learning in Texas. This historic Bible
was presented to SMU in 1916 by Mrs. Milton Ragsdale of Dallas, a niece of McKenzie.
The McKenzie Bible was first used at SMU’s 1916 Commencement Convocation, and the
University is proud to use it at tonight’s Baccalaureate Service.